Sunday, December 6, 2009

ON SUFFERING

I remember I was working on this essay back when I was troubled. By that time, so many people around me is suffering. Though we don't share the same experiences, we were both working out our troubles-- with God's help.

I cannot quite remember how I want this essay to go because it had been three months since then. So I just decided that I'd share whatever I had written down so far. And you'll be disappointed on how short it is.

If I have much time, I'll try to work this out again and maybe I'd be able to remember my original message intended for this essay. For now, let this piece be with you.

There is so much suffering around us... wherever I look, wherever I go...

I have had my share of sufferings.. And I believe that if i haven't, i wouldn't be able to distinguish them happening to other people.

I have had my chance at suffering. And I had learned the lesson it has to give. My next step is to share myself to those people who are having their chance on suffering-- for comfort, for support, for back up... just like those people who shared theirs when I was down and troubled...

Suffering has drains us most of what we have. Yet without suffering, we will never know compassion. Without suffering we wouldn't know how comfort feels. Without compassion, we'll never find out the extent of our strength.

>>I really wish I could finish this. Maybe someday. I feel that I am going to dedicate this one to a friend. However, I cannot remember what comes next after those paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment